The 4 parts of the screen
- 1. The ticket price: if you click on it you will be redirected to the ticket report.
- 2. The ticket content display all ticket’s products: there is a horizontal scrolling to see all products.
- 3. All the products’ types: clicking on a specific button will display all products of the selected type.
- 4. The products available for the type selected: click on a specific product will add the product to the ticket.
The add buttons
- 1. Add by scan: you can add a barcode to each product and add them by scanning the barcode.
- 2. Add a product that is not in your app. You can give it a name an a price directly on the screen that will open.
- 3. Add a new type. All your products must be classified by type. For each type you can define a name, a color and a picture. This button can be hided in the settings.
- 4. Add a product: the product will be directly added to its specific type. This button can be hided in the settings.
The long click
- If you long click on a product: you can edit it or add a number of this product in one time on the ticket.
- If you long click on a type: you can edit it.
- If you long click on a ticket product: you can delete it or delete a number of product.
The Synch button and the menu
- 1. The Synch button: allow you to synchronize your app between multiple device (you have to register with the same username for that).
- 2. The Send button: allow you to export your ticket in text or PDF and to send it by email.
- 3. The add new button: allow you to create a new ticket.
- 4. the Manager: redirect you to the manager, where you can manage your tickets, products, types and check in-out entries.
- 5. Tickets List: allow you to reload an old ticket.
- 6. Settings: redirect you to the settings.
- 7. Create a user: allow you to synchronize your app with other devises.